Tom Scott's teaching and research interests are in local government, especially change and development in urban politics and government structures.
Transportation research at the University of Minnesota covers the spectrum from basic to applied research, drawing on the many transportation-related disciplines within the University. The Center actively supports the formation of multidisciplinary research teams.
Recently published research reports
- A Positioning and Mapping Methodology Using Bluetooth and Smartphone Technologies to Support Situation Awareness and Wayfinding for the Visually Impaired
- Understanding Roadway Safety in American Indian Reservations: Perceptions and Management of Risk by Community, Tribal Governments, and Other Safety Leaders
- Access Across America: Auto 2017
Meet a Researcher
Key research partners
- Minnesota Department of Transportation
- Minnesota Local Road Research Board
- U.S. Department of Transportation