If you have job opportunities related to the field of transportation, please e-mail your ad to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate Water Resources Engineer
Salary: $45,899.36 - $75,056.80 annually
Contact: Apply online (details below)
Deadline: October 26, 2015
Hennepin County Public Works is seeking candidates for a graduate water resources engineer for the Public Works Rotation Program. This is a permanent, full-time, benefit-earning position, in which the selected candidate will begin their Hennepin County career by rotating assignments in the various Public Works departments, including Environment and Energy, Community Works, Planning, Transportation, Management Support, and Administration. This position will provide engineering judgement and guidance to technical staff and consultants and assist with a variety of engineering projects related to environmental issues and water resource management.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in civil engineering or environmental engineering or other related engineering degrees with emphasis on water resources or environmental studies
- Registration as an Engineer in Training with the State Board of Registration or ability to obtain registration within six months of hire.
- Familiarity and competence with basic computer skills/programs
To apply, please complete an application on the Hennepin County website by 5 p.m. Monday, October 26, 2015.
Intelligent Transportation Systems Intern
SRF Consulting Group
SRF is seeking an intelligent transportation systems (ITS) intern that is looking for the opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in planning, design, integration, testing, training, construction oversight and field troubleshooting. The intern will apply his or her skills in one or more of the following areas: communication systems, traveler information systems, traffic detection systems, and traffic surveillance systems. Duties involve activities such as working on the design of ITS systems, including plan sheet preparation and drafting.
The intern will be able to set his or her own schedule, working 8 to 16 hours per week, Monday through Friday. SRF will also consider the intern for full-time employment during the summer or after graduation.
- Progressing toward a B.S. in an applicable field of engineering (civil, electrical, computer science, etc.)
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Microstation and/or AutoCAD are a plus
To apply, please visit the SRF Consulting Group website.